Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring and my plants are growing!

I am really enjoying the rain this week. I think my plants have all grown a few inches and I have lots of little tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries popping up. To me, there are few things as rewarding as getting my hands dirty in the garden boxes and watch my vegetables and flowers grow. I have found that gardening is really quite peaceful and positive for me and my kids. Some days we simply sit by the garden checking on the plants, find worms (well, they do) and enjoy being outside. This is one of the reasons I am looking forward to our neighborhood getting a community garden. What a great way to visit with neighbors, learn from each other, and enjoy the fruits... or vegetables of our labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment